Friday 22 June 2012

Stress List

Here is my stress list sowing all the stresses, trials and tribulations of getting the EOYS together! 1: Tried to get my black acrylic shade leaves remade (I finally called it: Amy Sings the Blues in tribute to Amy Winehouse....I wasn't going to show the black shade, but, decided ON THE MORNING of the EOYS, that I would go 'back to black' geddit!). This involved trying to use the laser cutter in college, which was delayed in getting fixed, then managed to get booked in to fablab to use theirs, only to find that the fablab had been flooded that morning! Curses! I then managed to get an introduction to the lovely Cai, who used to go to our college and now has a laser cutting business! The lovely Cai did help, but the leaf inserts just wouldn't fit and after some furtive filing, managed to get them to fit. However, only managed to cut 12 not 16 as ran out of time at Cai's!. The thing with Amy is, she was the prototype for 'Clearly Pink' acrylic shade which I love and I can't knock her for that - have a look at the pics below - 2: Not being able to use the laser cutter meant that I couldn't finalise my clear acrylic standard lampshade which was going to include a clear lampstand base. Here are some pictures of the maquette though so you can get an idea of what it will look like. I have actually cut out all the panels and the internal fittings, but managed to snap some of the panels and cracked the acrylic through exuberant drilling, much to Tony the Technician and Jim our tutor's amusement!

No comments:

Post a Comment